The San Juan - Chama Watershed Partnership is a partnership of local, county, state, tribal, and federal agencies; non-government organizations; and local individuals that come together to support a watershed for a healthy ecosystem, a vibrant economy, and sustainable communities for the people who live and depend on this watershed.
"to protect and enhance the watershed health and water supply conditions of the Rio Chama for its human and natural communities, by convening an inclusive, annual conference (congreso) to consider, plan and implement restoration practices and projects in the Chama (and tributary) basins."
- Enable effective local cooperative decision-making.
- Enhance water use efficiency and conservation practices throughout the basin(s).
- Ensure that future resource needs of residents and natural systems are met.
- Protect existing rights, traditional uses and the integrity of land-based cultures.
- Advance appropriate economic development and restoration of watershed values.
P.O. Box 5701, Pagosa Springs, CO 81147