Conservation Voters New Mexico Education Fund (CVNMEF) believes that protecting our environment begins with the people of New Mexico. We do this by engaging the people of New Mexico in our long-standing shared values of protecting our air, land, water and the health of our communities. We do this by mobilizing people to advocate on policy, enhancing the voting process, encouraging people to vote, cultivating conservation leaders and amplifying the voices of those most affected.
CVNMEF is seeking to hire an organizer to elevate environmental issues in Rio Arriba County and engage environmental activists. A candidate for the organizer position will have campaign, field and organizational skills, as well as a passion for protecting New Mexico’s environment.
- Work with CVNMEF to develop and implement a campaign plan that will include community presentations, tabling, petitioning, canvassing (as needed), earned media, social media, phone calls, letter-writing and volunteer trainings.
- Follow up with community members who have taken action to engage them further.
- Recruit and train volunteers.
- Conduct phone banks.
- Plan volunteer and activist events.
- Ability to easily relate to people from a variety of backgrounds.
- Enthusiasm for environmental activism.
- Innovative, creative and strategic experience around volunteer engagement.
- Ability to prioritize and effectively manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced work environment.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Passion for organizing and working as part of a team to mobilize people.
- Bilingual skills highly desired.
- Experience with the Voter Activation Network (VAN) highly desired.
This is a part-time hourly temporary position in Rio Arriba County, reporting to the Program Director. This position is a 4 month part-time contract position (with opportunity for renewal).
To apply: please send your resume and cover letter to Molly@cvnm.org. No calls please. Position will remain open until filled.
Conservation Voters New Mexico Education Fund is an equal opportunity employer